About the scheme
FutureSkills PRIME (Programme for Re-skilling/ Up-skilling of IT Manpower for Employability) is an industry focused scheme sponsored by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, with the goal to build skills in the emerging 10 technologies in the field of Information Technology. (www.futureskillsprime.in)
FutureSkills PRIME (Programme for Re-skilling/ Up-skilling of IT Manpower for Employability) has an objective to create an up-skilling/re-skilling ecosystem in emerging and futuristic technologies to facilitate continuous enhancement of skills as well as knowledge of IT professionals in line with their aspirations and aptitude.
- To up-skill/re-skill 4.12 lakh IT professionals, thereby ensuring their continued relevance in a rapidly changing technological environment.
- To encourage any-time, any-where, continuous self –paced learning for acquiring newer and industry relevant skill-sets.
- To create a diagnostic facility that offers aspirants an analysis of their aptitude and capabilities so that they can be guided on learning pathway options.
- To institutionalize Blended Learning mechanism through Technology Resource Centres and affiliated training partners using hub-n-spoke model for wider reach and deeper penetration in the country.
- To create a novel framework and an inclusive ‘one stop up-skilling/re-skilling solution’ in new and emerging IT technologies that envisages a paradigm shift in the existing value chain through synergistic efforts of all stake holders.
- To offer content curated and mapped with NOS/job roles (NSQF Level 5 and above) after taking into account the aspirations, aptitude and existing skill sets of the candidates
- To create awareness amongst Government/PSU employees about the impact of evolving technological ecosystem; and train them with relevant skill sets.
- To provide due emphasis on entrepreneurship development
- To train trainers in emerging technologies, who can also play a mentoring role for aspirants.
- To facilitate the availability of trained manpower for embracing new opportunities presented by global industry and ageing economies.
- To motivate and create value at every step through innovative mechanism such as ‘skills passport’, ‘skills wallet’, ‘badges’ etc. based on the aspirant’s effort in their skilling journey.
- To put in place an incentive mechanism that motivates candidates to successfully complete the re-skilling training leading to successful assessment and certification.
The broad categories are:
- IT employees in IT firms and Non-IT firms
- Non-IT employees aspiring to use new and emerging technologies in their respective domains
- Program would also aim to re-skill/up-skill employees whose skills for a particular job have become outdated and may no longer be employed
- Central Govt. & State Govt. Employees, including employees of PSUs & Autonomous Bodies (Govt. Employees) would also benefit from this platform.
- Fresh Recruits (who have been offered employment) but are yet to take up a job, as well as those undergoing /selected for Internship & Apprenticeship roles in IT/ITeS are also expected to drive great value from the programme.
- Big Data Analytics
- Virtual Reality
- Blockchain Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- 3D printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Social and Mobile
- Cloud Computing