Project Title: “Employment/Self-employment Capacity building of the Engineering pass-out students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe community”
Sponsored By: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India
Implemented By: NIELIT Haridwar
Project Duration: 3 Years
Date of Commencement: 01.04.2021
Total Project Outlay: Rs. 134.88 lakhs
The scheme aims at upgrading the skills of the Engineering pass-out students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe community in various skill development courses and to build the capacity of these students depending upon their educational qualification, present economic trends and the market potential, which can earn them a suitable employment or make them suitably skilled to go for self-employment or capable them for entrepreneur.
Students will be given training on specialized courses for skill development which are aligned by National Skill Qualification Frame work (NSQF). It is envisaged that the Engineering pass-out students belonging from Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe communities will be able to face the market challenges and avail opportunities after doing these courses.
The primary aim of the project is to empower the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes through free skill training and certification in more demanding skills in electronics and IT domain with following objective:
- To bring down unemployment rate of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe community.
- To build the capacity of the Engineering pass-out students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe community.
- To increase skills of the Engineering pass-out students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe community in the emerging areas of IT & Electronics.
- To enable them to avail opportunities in the growing market.
- To improve their employability skills and develop potential human resource for the country.
ii) Details of the training programs to be implemented in Uttarakhand:
|S.No||Programmes to be offered||Duration
(in 3 years)
(in 3 years)
|1||Certified Embedded Software Engineer||840||80||30|
|2||PG Diploma in Data Science & Analytics (NIELIT Certified Data Science Professional)||840||80||30|
|3||Certified Cloud Computing Engineer||840||80||30|
In case of any clarification/information, please contact to Sh. Nikhil Ranjan, Programme Coordinator on 9368349990/8273642140 or drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the undersigned.
Sh. Sanyam Rathor
Joint Director (Tech) & Head (Academics)