ESDM (Electronics System Design & Manufacturing)
NIELIT is one of the Key Implementing Agencies for the ESDM Scheme of Govt. of India. NIELIT Ranchi Regional centre has been implementing the ESDM scheme in the state of Jharkhand.
The Scheme aims at enhancing the skilling capacities in ESDM sector through public and private sector for students/unemployed youth belonging to other disciplines by:
- Utilizing the existing human resource who are undergoing studies in schools (IX standard onwards)/ITIs/Polytechnics/UG Colleges (non-engineering) and the school drop outs/unemployed youth by providing them with additional skills that are recognized by industry for employment in ESDM sector.
- Encouraging new investments in training in ESDM sector by industry.
- Facilitating evolving of process/norms for (i) certification of various courses; (ii) providing opportunities for moving up the value chain; and (iii) recognition of institutions for conducting such courses, as per requirement of Industry in the ESDM sector.
The financial parameters under the scheme is as below-
- Assistance @75% of course fee to students of General Category.
- Assistance @100% of course fee for students belonging to SC/ST, Economically Weaker Sections - 40% seats reserved.
- Registration-cum-Certification fee assistance @75% for General Category and 100% for SC/ST, Economically Weaker Sections.
List of Accreditated Training Partners under NIELIT in Jharkhand-
- Excel Data Services(EDS) – Ranchi
- Excel Data Services(EDS) – Giridih
- Excel Data Services(EDS) – Bokaro
- Sajjad Institute of Information Technology (SIIT), Ranchi
- Spiktel Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Yash Data Tech Services Pvt Ltd
- IICT, Pakur
- Nayee Rahein Foundation Samiti, Pakur
- Shiksha Evam Kalyan Samiti, Sahebganj
- Kanak Infotech Systems, Jamshedpur
- BIT Computer Education, Bokaro
- Akanksha Utprerak Samajik Sansthan, Dhanbad
- Society for Upliftment of Poor People and Organizing Rural Tribe (SUPPORT), Khunti
ESDM Accreditation process by NIELIT Ranchi RC-
— Training institutes having the necessary infrastructure and other facilities (Hardware, Software, Faculty etc) for the chosen ESDM course can become a Training Partner of NIELIT for the ESDM scheme.
— NIELIT offers two classes of accreditation to institutes under ESDM scheme.
- Class-A for institutes having CHM-O Level Accreditation.
- Class-B for other private institutes.
— All institutes who have the requisite infrastructural facilities are eligible to become a Training Partner under NIELIT for the ESDM scheme.
— Institutes in Jharkhand interested in getting ESDM accreditation are required to fill up the application form in the Handbook of Accreditation provided by NIELIT Ranchi.
— An inspection is done at the institute to check the infrastructural and other facilities as claimed by the institute and as per the ESDM norms mentioned in the Handbook of Accreditation.
— Institutes satisfying all eligibility norms as mentioned in the Handbook of Accreditation are given provisional accreditation for a period of two years.
— The institutes are free to choose as many courses for getting ESDM accreditation provided they satisfy all the ESDM norms.
The list of all the courses and other details are available on the ESDM portal at https://esdm-skill.deity.gov.in/