Electricity & Water Billing (Northern States of Punjab, Haryana, UT Chandigarh)
- NIELIT Chandigarh Centre has been pioneer in introducing computerization of Electricity & Water Billing in the northern states of Punjab, Haryana, UT Chandigarh.
- The Centre is generating electricity bills for approximately 6 million consumers of these states .
- Payment counters of the Power Utility Boards / Corporations have also been computerized.
- A ‘Citizen Facilitation Centre’ for on-line registration and redressal of complaints of consumers has been established at Chandigarh.
- All types of consumers namely Domestic, Commercial, Small Power, Medium Supply, Large Supply, Agriculture, Street Light are being billed through very robust software developed indigenously by the centre.
- Approximately 500 bill payment locations for all the above mentioned State Electricity Boards have been computerized.
- The water billing of U.T. Chandigarh and Mohali (Punjab) as well as of some Rural Areas of Punjab has also been computerized.
- All the consumers are identified by a unique identification numbers based on the area of location, subdivision and division.
- The centre has also established Sub-Centres in various cities for UHBVN (Haryana) to help the boards in reducing time for transportation of huge data.
- Large infrastructure is being used to accomplish the task of regular generation of bills. The infrastructure includes servers, client computers and fast speed line printers.
- Thousands pack of stationery of different colours & design are being used for printing in the form of bills in stipulated time for years together.
- A strong manpower of about 70 staff members comprising of software engineers and data entry operators has been deployed round the clock to look after the job and complete the billing within stipulated time.